Friday, September 16, 2011

This is how we do it....

So we've been listening to a new music station at the store these days.  You can only listen to the same top 40 songs so many times!  The 90's music station has been the station of choice these days.  Nothing like a blast from the past to get everyone in the store singing along, even if it's under their breath.  "This is how we do it" by Montell Jordan.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hiUuL5uTKc  So this is where the name of my next blog post came from.  We've decided to try a weekly blog on how we would wear the latest trends.  This week, Stephanie is taking on the menswear trend!

Ever think to yourself  "that's a neat trend, I wish I knew how to wear it", Easy! Just because it is a trend doesn't mean you can't work it into your already existing wardrobe. Today I wore my menswear inspired attire and was attracted to this Nine West "Newhouse" black high-heel loafer. It is that time of year where we are in between seasons and it can be hard to decide what to wear. Is it summer? is it fall? This heel loafer is a great way to throw your outfit together without feeling out of season. I simply wore my basic black tee with a black button-up vest, a medium length denim skirt with black argyle tights. I enjoy layers so I paired my outfit with an animal print scarf. I am known for my edgy style but I love fashion and setting trends with my own twist. You can do this too!!





Here we go again. I have to say I really like this high heel loafer. The Nine West "Abalene" taupe high-heel loafer really caught my attention today with my outfit. I enjoy the fact that there is a platform front to this shoe. I get the height I want to lengthen my legs but keep the comfort of a lower heel. My look today includes my favorite dark denim boot cut with a patterned tank and blazer. I also just picked up my favorite green leather Erin Templeton hobo purse :) Let's see if anyone notices I took this menswear inspired trend and put funk into it by keeping my own pieces and adding a new trendy heel. Remember the look can still be your style and trendy at the same time.



Thanks Steph!  Next week, Nadine's take on one of this fall's trends!

Shelley

No comments:

Post a Comment